Followers

About Me

Urbino, Marche, Italy
A man on a mission Mailing address Via Gian Carlo de Carlo 07 Tridente 3/512 Urbino 61029, Italia

15 Monday March Fuoriolongo

My kite flying friend has struck again.

Monday night, Claudio invited me to join him for his Italian Theater Class, and although he had forewarned me that it was strange, I still was not ready for this madness.

We started out with an excercise that was quasi icebreaker/quasi warm up drill. Basically we ended up giving everyone else backmassages?!

Than we learned a "famous dance" which I've never heard of,(dance of the maura, or something) which one rugby team does before everygame. It involved a lot of warlike, primitive movements. The following dance we learned was all improvisation. Our instructor told us to imagine how the native americans behaved and act the part. However, everyone started in a line and you had to follow what the first person was doing. So if the first person was smoking a peace pipe, or taking a piss, everyone had to follow.

Besides having a good time, the idea was to attract as many different immigrant groups, and thus, diversity, to the group as possible. Although I'm not from Romania, I can proudly say that in one sense, I was the most "native" american in the group!