Followers

About Me

Urbino, Marche, Italy
A man on a mission Mailing address Via Gian Carlo de Carlo 07 Tridente 3/512 Urbino 61029, Italia

26 Monday Fare un Squilo

So today I almost slept through my conversation date with my friend. I thought I set my alarm for 8, but it never went off. Luckily she called, but it wasn’t any normal call.

The phone woke me up, but it only rang one time. When I went to look I saw I had one missed call. The strange part was she hadn’t texted me, nor had it rang through to the voicemail.

When I was finally dressed and had met her she said she did it on purpose and that this was common practice("fare un squilo" in Italian. People will call and hang up after one ring to see where you are. To me that seems so strange, but it kind of makes sense. If I was busy talking to someone, or couldn’t pick up the phone it wouldn’t be terribly annoying. The other logic behind the one call is that it’s cheap. I remember now in Turkey that happened often because no one wants to pay the phone bills and it’s only the person who calls who pays.