Followers

About Me

Urbino, Marche, Italy
A man on a mission Mailing address Via Gian Carlo de Carlo 07 Tridente 3/512 Urbino 61029, Italia

2 Friday- Good Church

Happy Good Friday! Today I went up to the local Cathedral for the Good Friday Mass. I understood a good deal, because they read aloud the story of Jesus’ crucifiction from John’s gospel. Because I have heard so many times it was pretty easy to follow. We also sang some hymns and did the usual churchy stuff.

The interesting part was when they brought out Christ. Near the end of the service one of the priests picked up a miniature cross with a dying jesus on it. After proceeding it to the front of the assembly he invited us to kiss the miniature Jesus. Everyone there, we were about 30 in this huge church, came up and paid their respects to the model. Although it was a moving gesture, in my mind a little bit was lost by the man standing next to the cross with the hand wipe who was wiping the cross after every kiss. It seems like we’re still worried about cooties.

When I came back for dinner there were literally 2 people in the dining hall. Pretty much everyone has left. I spent the rest of the night packing for my trip; I leave in the morning for Sorrento and Southern cooking. I’ll put some more posts up when I return.