Followers

About Me

Urbino, Marche, Italy
A man on a mission Mailing address Via Gian Carlo de Carlo 07 Tridente 3/512 Urbino 61029, Italia

Saturday 29th Night/ Sunday Morning

So I decided to split the night up, because I really didn't sleep. When I arrived at the trainstation in falconara Marritima I asked the taxi driver for a ride over to the Airport. He readily agreed, but he was quite convinced that the airport would close at midnight. Sure enough, when we got there we discovered that that was the case. However my flight was at 7:00am the next morning and there was no other way I'd make the flight. So we begged and the lone security guard agreed to let me spend the night in the locked airport. I found a couple chairs, set my bags down and then fell asleep- alone.

I woke several times throughout the night (not a very comfortable bed, nor comforting atmoshphere). But at 3:00am I woke to the noise of a man knocking at the glass door, begging me in English to let him in (because at this time it was very cold). However, I did not want to set off any alarms and did not know where the guard was so I just said sorry and went back to sleep. All I could think was I was glad I was inside and that I didn't want to set off any alarms (eventually someone let him in). At 5:30 the check in began and after paying a fortune for my baggage which weighed to much I was on my way to Rome.

The flight from Rome to Newark was rather painless. Yes, it was almost 9 hours, but I was lucky enough to be seated next to a very interesting fellow my age, who had just spent his summer abroad in Cairo, Egypt. This was also his first time abroad and we enjoyed discussing the different things we learned about the new cultures. When we were sick of talking I watched a bit of the on flight movie (Hannah Montana!). I was very happy to realize that I understood everything, even though it was dubbed in Italian.

Around 1:30 pm. Easter time we arrived in Newark airport and after picking up my lugging and saying goodbye to my new friend I found my family- Mom, Dad, and Chris were waiting form me. Chris gave me a big grin and they seemed genuinely happy to see me Honestly, it felt good to be back!