Followers

About Me

Urbino, Marche, Italy
A man on a mission Mailing address Via Gian Carlo de Carlo 07 Tridente 3/512 Urbino 61029, Italia

Thursday, January 7 Italian Market




After class we discovered the Italian market. To my horror I saw a a dead chicken looking back at me. I guess in Italy they don't care that this sight might scare the customers. My italian friend purchased a number of cold cuts which we served at dinner (the prosciutto was excellent).

Having had my fill of the market, I decided to venture off on my own. After grabbing my first Italian pizza I went in search of Dante's house. Turns out it wasn't to hard to find, there's a street named after him. The house wasn't the original; however, it was reconstructed in the 19th century in concurrence with the style prevelant in the 14th century. Today his house is a private museum, holding many pictures of scenes from his house. It also holds a reconstruction of Dante's bedroom(the bed was incredibly small).

Right down the street there was a tiny church where Dante was said to worship(Church of San Margherita dei cerci). Florence is full of little treasures and I find many of the churches speak more of the past than the museums. There's one cute one right down the street from us named Maratona Maridona, which I have been meaning to check out.

And the night was for tango! I heard about this great little place from www.faitango.it. across the Arno. All in all it was in exciting day!