Followers

About Me

Urbino, Marche, Italy
A man on a mission Mailing address Via Gian Carlo de Carlo 07 Tridente 3/512 Urbino 61029, Italia

Thursday January 21- San Spiritu


After class, I had lunch again with the students from the University of Florence(they also came last week). I always enjoy their company, both for the opportunity to practice my Italian and also the free food that comes with the conversations (The chef serves this excellent bread, which surrounds some ham and cheese and is absolutely covered in sugar).

My Italian is definitely improving and I was able to use it to discuss with them what I like and dislike about Florence. I also learned quite a deal about them. Most of these students are studying English with the hope of teaching it some day. I was surprised by the amount of American novels and films they had seen. They all seem to be really invested in learning the language and were quite willing to help me with my sad Italian.

After lunch, I wandered across the river to the church of San Spiritu. The inside was simple, much like the chapels I visited the day before, but the altar was much more impressive and ornate. My favorite part of trip was the little piazza outside the church where all the old Italian men gathered to talk and. Several people rode their bikes over to have lunch in the fading sun.

Dinner was provided by the school; we went out to an average restaurant near the theatre verdi, but the Tiramisu was heavenly. And to cap the night out I went Tango dancing and met a number of very interesting dancers, some from Florence, but one from England.