Followers

About Me

Urbino, Marche, Italy
A man on a mission Mailing address Via Gian Carlo de Carlo 07 Tridente 3/512 Urbino 61029, Italia

29, Monday February, Anahi


I spent about 3 hours in the morning talking with a girl from Buenos Aires! She is the girlfriend, of my ping pong archnemisis Pierre from France. Pierre is fluent in English but his girlfriend also wants to pass an English proficiency test. Although she’s from Argentina, her family moved over 4 years ago from work and now she’s fluent in the language and hopes to teach it. However, her English is only so so, we agreed to do a tandem project. What that basically means is that we get together a couple times a week and talk, first in English, then Italian, and we work on correcting each other’s grammar and becoming more comfortable in conversational settings. It was great because Argentina is the Tango capital of the world, so I had a lot of questions for her. I also learned that Argentina’s government is horribly corrupt, sounds like a trend.

Later in the afternoon, after I finished my work, I went out with a bunch of Italians to play il calico (soccer). We played on a little enclosed turf field nearby. Although they were all really good, I felt like I held my own. However, we played for two hours and I was cramping pretty bad after one. I can now say I played soccer in Italy!